I’m joining my friend Tina of TinaGray.me today and sharing my week via Instagram.
1. Love Heart Bunting Tutorial (completed in under 30 minutes)
2. Bruschetta made with this Basil & Cashew Pesto Recipe. With the abundant supply of tomatoes at the moment, this is a winning lunch for me.
3. Chevron Block – made with Denyse Schmidt fabrics I’d been stashing and the pattern is from the Riley Blake 2013 BOM.
4. Spaghetti Carbonara – an absolute family favourite. I’ve had a few requests after posting this image on FB and IG, so I’ll be sharing the recipe for this dish on the blog this week.
5. I received a lovely fabric delivery. Some lovely yardage of Reunion by Sweetwater and the cute DragonFly prints from the Good Fortune range by Kate Spain.
6. After 5 years, my car has reached the 100,000km milestone on the odometer. And no, I wasn’t driving and taking photos. I was at a red light.
7. Doctor Who – The Legacy Collection Box Set GIVEAWAY. Closes 25 February 2013.
9. On Saturdays, we have a tradition of eating pancakes for breakfast. Shrove Tuesday is this week, so I’ll be sharing a pancake recipe and a few reader favourite pancake toppings. What do you like on top of your pancakes?
10. I went over to visit mum yesterday, and she’d just finished dishing up some rice pudding topped with cinnamon, into dishes. These dishes are made of tough stuff. She’s had them for as long as I can remember and they’re still going.
11. My Special Chicken Wings – a quick dish (20 mins from start to finish) which has the whole family licking their fingers and dipping bread into the bottom of the dish to scoop up the yumminess. A recipe I’ll share soon.
12. Binding. I’ve been working on this secret squirrel project and it’s now finished. I’ll share it with you next week after I gift it to the happy couple. They love purple. I don’t have a lot of purple in my stash, so I’ve hand-quilted in purple Perle 8 cotton and bound it in a purple solid fabric (from Spotlight). I hope they like it.
With my little lady starting school, it’s been a whole week of half days for her, so I’ve been a taxi driver doing 2 school pick ups each day. I’ve not had much sewing time, but a lot of cooking was involved.
How was your week?
Did you cook something delicious or sew something beautiful?