*** GIVEAWAY CLOSED ***
Sewing – one of my favourite things.
Shopping – another favourite thing.
Shopping for Sewing Supplies – way up there on my top 10 list of favourite things to do.
I love shopping for patterns and fabrics and notions and quilting supplies and all of those things which make me happy.
Unfortunately, I usually have 2 kids with me, who think walking into a sewing shop is the highest form of torture. Eating Brussels sprouts is preferable.
If I need something, it’s usually a run in, quick search for what I need. While I have snacks available in my handbag – all is okay. The queues at the checkout are usually long, so I need to make sure I have enough food to keep them bribed for that part too. It’s a mission.
eBay is the answer. After the kids are in bed, I can browse and shop to my heart’s content, in all of the gorgeous eBay stores.
Have you checked out eBay recently? It used to be all about auctions, and selling unused items from around the house, to make a few extra $$$.
The nature of eBay has changed a lot in recent times. Today:
- 83% of all items available for sale on the eBay.com.au site are new.
- 74% of all consumer electronics sales on eBay.com.au are for new products.
- 68% of all parts and accessories sales on eBay.com.au are for new products.
- And 64% of all goods sold globally on eBay are at a fixed price not at auction
In October last year Fashion Gallery at eBay launched. The Fashion Gallery gives consumers direct access to a wide range of both new and discounted stock. Fashion Gallery showcases the most recognisable Australian and international fashion brands, all in one place.
Today eBay has more than 30 brands on the Fashion Gallery. The success of fashion on eBay, including the Fashion Gallery is demonstrated best by a fashion item now selling every 8 seconds and a dress every minute.
I started researching. Researching is fun. So many stores. So much to buy. The possibilities are amazing!
With so many options and so much for sale, I’m going to share some of my top tips, for buying on eBay.
1. Compare prices: Compare prices before making your purchase to ensure that you get the best possible deal.
2. Do your homework: Make sure you read the item’s description carefully and be aware of any measurements and size differences if buying from another country.
3. Get to know the seller: Check their feedback from buyers they’ve had previous transactions with and check their pictures and descriptions.
4. Pay safe: Make sure you pay with a safer payment method, such as PayPal.
5. Leave Feedback: If you had a great transaction, be sure to shout it from the rooftops (or click the positive button).
Okay, I think I’ve decided what I’d like to buy, for myself:
I’ve been eyeing off this pattern by Leanne Beasley for a while, so I look forward to hitting that “Buy it Now” button.
As well as this Matilda’s Own Imperial 14” x 18” Quilting ruler
And maybe this Sassy Sewing Set pattern...
With thanks to eBay, I have a $50 voucher to giveaway to very a lucky Samelia’s Mum reader. Are you ready to shop?
1. Firstly you must have a PayPal account. If you don’t have one yet, visit www.paypal.com.au and set one up. It’s quick and easy.
2. Visit the eBay Stores and tell me what NEW item, you would buy if you won the $50 prize. Copy the URL of the item and paste it here in the comments.
3. Share the love. Blog, tweet or like this post on Facebook for extra chances to win. Just leave comments with the URL. I will check ;-)
4. Giveaway closes at Midday on Sunday 27 May 2012 (Australian EST).
*** If you are entering as an anonymous commenter or if you are a no-reply@blogger, please include your email address in each comment (so that I can contact you, if you win) ***