Here it is back in it’s hey-day, all sparkly, shiny and new.
The insert was flat. The cushion was big and floppy and grubby and generally looking old and tired. I was itching to be rid of it and make a new one (being that I am a cushion addict and all), but little miss wasn’t going to have a bar of it. She even gave me a pout and puppy dog eyes when I threatened to throw it out on the next bin collection day.
So yesterday, I setabout giving the old scrappy cushion a make over.
It had an envelope style back, so I got my seam ripper out and removed the back completely. I set about making it a more sturdy cushion by adding another layer of batting to the back (of the front) and quilted it quite heavily with unmeasured straight lines.