Pages

30 July 2015

Top Shows to Craft With

When I’m sewing, I love to have something playing in the background. Music, a podcast, a YouTube video, possibly a Craftsy class, perhaps a DVD… just something to keep me company (if that’s not too strange to say out loud). Sure, I have Chester, my trusty side-kick, but if he’s sleeping 90% of the time and the other 10% he’s demanding food or scratches under the chin.

Chester the Cat - sameliasmum.com


I’ve become a HUGE fan of Netflix - especially during the day when everyone is at work or school.

22 July 2015

All Points Patchwork {Review}

All Points Patchwork by Diane Gilleland is one of the most comprehensive books on English Paper Piecing which I’ve come across. I am a lover of EPP. It is such fun to create shapes (from shapes) and is a perfectly portable technique. With kids, having something to keep busy, while waiting for them, is always handy.

All Points Patchwork - Cover

In the past, my experience with EPP had been limited to pre-packaged hexagon, diamond and jewel shapes. They’re easy to work with and are really quite easy to source. All Points Patchwork has now opened my eyes to unlimited creative possibilites.

21 July 2015

Make a Kindle Cover {Tutorial}

I love to read. I love books. I love the actual paper pages. I love pretty bookmarks. I often have a large pile of books on the little shelf at the bottom of my bedside table. I tend to read contemporary fiction or romance novels. We have a local charity book fair twice a year, and I have been known to go in there and stock up on a tonne of Harlequinn or Mills & Boon books.

Make a Kindle Cover

For Mothers Day last year, my kids (or perhaps I should say, husband…) bought me a Kindle Paperwhite. For a lover of paper books, the Kindle is so handy. It’s  small enough that I keep it in my handbag or in the car. It’s fantastic for days when I have to wait for my kids or for passing time at any number of their activities.

I made a new cover for my Kindle and thought I’d share the basics on how I made it. It’s a simple case and honestly takes less than an hour to make.