This is not a Sponsored PostThe other week, KFC invited a few of us mummy bloggers to their Sydney Airport restaurant. I drove up from Wollongong, but some of the other bloggers travelled from as far as the QLD Gold Coast and Western NSW.
We were invited to KFC for a few reasons:
1. To give us a tour of the inner workings of a KFC restaurant - for me, it was eye opening as my first job was at a Hardware store, rather than in fast food.
2. They allowed us to ask any questions we liked (including the 11 secret herbs and spices).
3. Share the news that KFC Australia is switching from using imported palm oil to cook its food to Australian grown and locally sourced canola oil.
A move which will help support Australian farmers (YAY!!), and won’t change the taste of its food.
KFC has been trialling the new oil in Tasmanian stores since October 2010, ensuring its chicken keeps the iconic KFC taste.
We may have been just a little bit sceptical about the taste claim – but didn’t refuse the offer of a free lunch.
I’m a fan of the hot and spicy chicken so had a Zinger Burger – and to be perfectly honest, I couldn’t taste any difference in the change from Palm to Canola oil.
KFC are on a journey of continuous improvement, which they call The Goodification Project. KFC want to ensure that when customers come to KFC, they can be assured that they will enjoy a choice meals, made fresh in store, with Australian produce.
We rarely eat KFC at our house, but sometimes, when it’s 5:30pm on a cold, wintery Thursday, and we’ve frozen our nether regions while waiting for Sam’s soccer training to finish – picking up dinner on the way home is just the ticket.
With thanks to KFC, I have a $30 KFC voucher to giveaway to one Samelia’s Mum reader. You can treat your family to a free dinner and try out KFC’s new way of cooking.
To enter leave a comment telling me:
What is your favourite item on the KFC menu?
*** If you do not have a blogger account, you can enter the giveaway by sending your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org with “KFC – Canola” in the subject line. ***
Terms and Conditions
1. Open to Australian residents only.
2. Giveaway will close at midday on Thursday 24 May 2012.
3. Random winner will be chosen.
4. Samelia’s Mum will take no responsibility for any delay, loss or damage to prizes sent to winners.
5. Winner/s will be contacted by email.
DISCLAIMER: I wasn’t paid for this post, though will be reimbursed for my travel expenses to the event.
*** GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED - winner is Shez ***