Kids have been at school, FlyBoy still away (he returns Monday after a loooooong 2 months - yay!) so I set up The Good Wife on Netflix and played with my scrap tub.
First up, I made a quilted kindle cover. I always worry that the screen will get scratched when it's in my handbag, so this has been the perfect solution.
It was very easy to make - I just QAYGed 2 pieces a little larger than the kindle. Attached binding on the edges which would be the top then sewed it together. I wasn't worried about a lining as it's just for my personal use and not going to be visible anyways.
I was very pleased with the result so decided to try my hand at a QAYG Zipper Pouch.
The pouch is strong and holds itself up beautifully because of the heavily quilted body.
The fear of zippers is slowly being overcome. Slowly. I love this pouch as it bright, happy and functional. I plan in using it to hold my rotary cutters.
The next day, I still has scraps of this beautiful fabric remaining, so I decided to make a QAYG notebook cover.
This is my personal favourite. With the practice from them previous 2 projects, the quilting on the notebook cover is much more even and straight.
The walking foot has been perfect for this type of sewing. I decided to bind the edges of the notebook. This binding holds together the cover and the sleeves where the notebook cover is inserted.
Guess what! I still have some scraps of Flower Sugar left. I'll play with them in some more QAYG projects next week.