Mars Bar Slice is a very yummy treat and a family favourite.
If your little chefs like to help in the kitchen, this is one which they can assist with.
We decided to make it a little bit differently this time and added some dark chocolate melts. The dark chocolate makes it “not” so sweet.
Dark Mars Bar Slice Recipe
1 packet of snack sized Mars Bars (we used Titan - the Aldi brand ones today)
1/2 cup of dark chocolate melts
3 to 4 cups of rice bubbles
1 table spoon of water
1. Chop up the chocolate bars into small pieces.
2. Melt the chopped up mars bars, dark chocolate melts in a large bowl over simmering water.
3. Add the tablespoon of water into the melted chocolate to make the mixture smoother and stir, stir, stir.
4. Once the chocolate is melted and a smooth, rich consistency, remove from the heat.
5. Add the rice bubbles. Stir through the 3 cups of rice bubbles and make sure it’s all coated. If there is still a lot of chocolate, you can add the extra cup. It’s all up to your own personal taste here.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased, lined baking tray. Mixture should be about 2cm (1”) thick.
7. Refrigerate until the chocolate is set and firm.
8. Cut into pieces (while swatting away your childrens and husbands hands).
I think these will make fabulous Christmas gifts for school teachers.
Perhaps sprinkle with some icing sugar. Wrap in some clear cellophane and tie a pretty ribbon.